Industry Dive continues expansion with restaurant newsletter
Industry Dive, a Washington-based business news operation that delivers its news via email, has started a new newsletter called Restaurant Dive.
The new publication covers technology and trends impacting food service, such as delivery innovations, artificial intelligence platforms, menu trends, labor laws, sustainability, restaurant tech, and shifting consumer tastes.
The company is currently searching for an experienced reporter for Restaurant Dive but couldn’t find one by the Monday launch date. It launched with Thai Phi Le and Emma Liem running it from a full-time editorial perspective. They both have been working on the Food Dive publication.
“It’s a good fit in our portfolio,” said CEO Sean Griffey in an email. “It builds on our coverage in food and grocery but offers its own challenges and unique opportunities. It’s an exciting time in the space.”
The new publication continues the company’s expansion. The following journalists have all started since mid-August:
- Kaarin Vembar – editor of Retail Dive
- Hallie Busta – editor of Education Dive
- Samantha Liss – a reporter for Healthcare Dive
- Natalie Schwartz – associate editor of Education Dive
- Emma Cosgrove – a reporter for Supply Chain Dive
- Lillianna Byington – associate editor of Food Dive
- Jessie Campisi – associate editor of Education Dive