WSJ seeks professional products editor
The Professional Products Editor will be content chief and lead newsroom strategist for our suite of web-based and newsletter products and services on topics of particular interest to business and financial professionals. He or she will develop a deep understanding of these audiences to help identify opportunities to serve professionals and grow products in new ways.
- Oversee and edit our array of specialty products, ensuring the highest standards.
- Ensure the content our professional products teams produce is indispensable to the daily routine and highly specialized needs of business and financial professionals, and other targeted groups.
- Working with other editors and audience insight team, conduct rigorous evaluation of specialized professional products to ensure content aligns with needs of subscribers and potential new readers.
- Work with other parts of Dow Jones, including the commercial Customer and Data Strategy groups, Risk & Compliance and Factiva and other parts of Dow Jones to identify new products and content — news coverage, analysis, data sets, tools — that would be valuable to this audience and could grow subscriptions. Also be aggressive in evaluating existing products.
- Work closely with conferences group to develop and grow events that address the unique needs of business and financial professional subscribers.
- Oversee several teams of reporters and editors that produce all WSJ Pro content and other verticals. Ensure that they are producing high-value, unique content, that their work is coordinated as needed and that resources are allocated appropriately.
- Ensure that journalists in the broader newsroom are aware of their responsibilities and opportunities to contribute content to specialized products.
- Set and communicate clear priorities for the Pro journalists responding to and managing initiatives launched with other senior editors and commercial departments.
- Meet regularly with subscribers of our professional products and potential subscribers to ensure our services meet their needs and that we understand potential gaps in the market
- Deep understanding of the unique content needs of financial and business professionals, and other specialty audiences.
- Experience managing, leading and inspiring large, multi-disciplined group of journalists. Must also be able to positively influence outcomes among people who aren’t direct reports.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to work across departments, galvanize and achieve results.
- Strategic and creative thinking.
- Understanding of audience and audience-focused products.
To apply, go here.