WSJ seeks news editor for visuals
The Wall Street Journal seeks a talented and organized storyteller to lead its visual journalism efforts.
This person will manage a team of photo, graphics, design and interactive specialists for our international news coverage. He or she will be responsible for daily work for digital and print channels, as well as for creating ambitious projects. Proven organization skills are a must.
This is a demanding job at the heart of the action. Those who seek greater understanding of the world — and who want to use their skills to explain it — will find it a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
The ideal candidate has the following:
- A background in news visuals
- A portfolio of excellent data-visualization work
- The vision to drive creative projects and the ability to organize a team to turn them into a reality
- Proven organization skills
- Ease in a fast-paced environment; the ability to report and edit visuals
Previous experience with finance or economics topics is a plus
Front-end developer skills are a plus. The ability to discuss and manage digital projects is a requirement.
To apply, go here.