WSJ seeks global newswires chief
The Global Newswires Chief is the main advocate for Dow Jones Newswires in our newsroom. He or she will work with our commercial colleagues to establish a clear understanding of the real-time needs of financial professionals and ensure that the wires has the content it needs to serve them, including scoops and insights from the newsroom, automated items and content from third-party providers.
- Working in close collaboration with editors throughout the Wall Street Journal newsroom, ensure that core coverage of financial, corporate, economic and markets news is robustly maintained on the Newswires.
- Extract maximum value for the Newswires audience from the scoops and insights generated by the newsroom.
- Ensure that our content is packaged in the most useful manner for Newswires subscribers. This includes everything from quick delivery of breaking news headlines with proper metadata to summaries of WSJ exclusives to presentation of the content on proprietary Newswires platforms.
- Identify opportunities, working closely with editors, for the Data Strategy team and developers to introduce new data-based content to the Newswires.
- Identify opportunities and help lead efforts to automate content that adds value to the Newswires.
- Through close collaboration with audience experts within Dow Jones and regular meetings with Newswires subscribers, develop a deep understanding of the Newswires audience to ensure our current offering lines up with their expectations and to identify new opportunities to serve professional subscribers.
- Manage editors who oversee teams of journalists in New York, Barcelona and Hong Kong that are dedicated to producing content for Dow Jones Newswires.
- Coordinate with other WSJ editors to guarantee that exclusive news and insights produced by the broader newsroom are handled for the Newswires in the most effective manner.
- Ensure that reporters and editors across the newsroom who cover business, finance, economics and markets are aware of their responsibilities to serve the wires. This includes ongoing communication and training as appropriate.
- Work closely with other senior editors and Newswires product managers to ensure newsroom and commercial colleagues are aligned on strategic priorities.
- Deep understanding of the unique content needs of financial professionals.
- Extensive experience serving the real-time needs of financial professionals, preferably at a wire service.
- Experience managing, leading and inspiring large, multi-disciplined group of journalists. Must also be able to positively influence outcomes among people who aren’t direct reports.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to work across departments, galvanize and achieve results.
- Strategic and creative thinking.
To apply, go here.