WSJ seeks editor for live journalism tech events
The Wall Street Journal is seeking an entrepreneurial editor steeped in the business and culture of technology to join our Live Journalism team.
Journal events gather top leaders and thinkers to share ideas and make news. You will work hand in hand with our editor of live journalism to drive, develop, and distinguish our tech events from the rest. You will identify the themes, speakers and ideas that matter to our audience, taking the lead on the who, what, when, and HOW behind the speakers we select to participate, the topics they discuss, and how we continue the conversation post-event.
He or she will both develop content for the conversations that take place onstage and execute coverage plans before, during and after the event. You will also build, own, and manage relationships with business, social and political leaders featured at Journal gatherings. Your network will include not only tech behemoths and upstart founders but also the elder statesmen (and women), fledgling founders, Cassandras and researchers on the cutting edge. The editor will have a global perspective and deep curiosity about new technologies, new companies and new ideas, as well as an eye for emerging leaders in established companies.
This position requires a balance of creativity and organization, and a sharp sense of what our audience cares about now–and what will matter six months down the road.
Other qualifications for the job include:
- A background and/or interest in editorial content and not event management (this is not a logistics or operations role–you will not be responsible for selecting menus or lighting, that’s another team member’s role)
- Experience as a reporter or editor covering technology.
- The ability to keep your cool while juggling the many moving parts of a live event.
- An in-depth knowledge of technology, business and culture.
- A love of research and reporting: What’s an angle that hasn’t been explored before?
- Superior writing and editing skills.
This position is based in our New York City offices.
To apply, go here.