WSJ seeks an editor for its 10-Point newsletter
The Wall Street Journal seeks an experienced writer for its popular 10-Point newsletter.
The newly relaunched 10-Point is an insightful, intelligent and approachable guide to the news that showcases expertise and analysis from Wall Street Journal journalists around the globe. It combines analysis, scoops and newsletter-exclusive insights with a concise briefing of the day’s top stories.
The right candidate will work directly with editor-in-chief Matt Murray to write and curate an engaging daily must-read for a subscriber audience. We’re looking for a journalist with a confident voice who is well-versed in business and finance and can work independently in the evenings to prepare the newsletter for early-morning publication. This person will act as an internal reporter, unearthing authoritative insights from our journalists and delivering them to inboxes.
The newsletter is named “The 10-Point” after the nickname conferred by the editors of The Wall Street Journal on the lead column of the “What’s News” digest of top stories. Technically, “10-point” referred to the size of the typeface. The type is smaller now but the name lives on.
Applications should include a resume, cover letter and up to five published clips.
- Write, curate and edit the daily 10-Point newsletter
- Create a unique and habit-forming experience for 10-Point subscribers
- Work with the senior newsletter editor and other newsroom stakeholders to execute a clear strategy for the 10-Point that is informed by news judgment, audience insights and analytics
- Work closely with the audience and off-platform teams to grow the 10-Point audience and find opportunities to bring our journalism to new readers via email
- Superb news judgment; a strong journalistic foundation as a reporter or editor
- A demonstrated record of success in growing and engaging audiences via email
- An appreciation for The Wall Street Journal brand and its core coverage areas
- The ability to move projects forward in a collaborative team environment
- A passion for experimentation and a facility for data
- Strong communication and presentation skills
To apply, go here.