Wired seeks senior commerce writer
Wired is seeking a Senior Commerce Writer to author written reviews of consumer products, as well as guides and other forms of shoppable content.
These reviews will be produced for Wired’s mainstream audience, and will include rated, experiential reviews of consumer electronics, audio hardware, smart-home devices, gear and equipment for the outdoors, and gaming hardware.
The Senior Commerce Writer will be required to write three or four reviews per week, and to pitch ideas for upcoming reviews to the Reviews Editor. The ideal candidate will be a conversational writer who’s confident and careful when reviewing products and can describe the pros and cons of any given item with conviction. Content can range from product recommendations to must-have items, but should be resonant with Wired’s voice.
- Writing, editing, and/or refreshing a slate of weekly commerce content, with upwards of 15 stories a week for Wired.
- Research consumer and lifestyle electronics, household items, gadgets, and other electronics to ensure that promoted products are on trend and on-brand.
- Applying SEO best practices to commerce-driven posts.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experiences and qualities:
- 5+ years writing or editing consumer-focused product reviews, as well as managing commerce activities at a digital property
- Familiarity with UX best practices, user testing, and reader surveys.
- Strong organizational skills, a self-directed work style, and polished communication skills.
- The ideal candidate loves technology and is always on the lookout for up and coming gadgets.
To apply, go here.