Wired seeks editor for British edition
Condé Nast is seeking a new editor for Wired in London.
Wired, launched in the UK in 2009, has rapidly established itself as the country’s pre-eminent voice on innovation, technology, business and design. Having won over 20 awards and with an ever-expanding presence in print, digital and events it has become a multi-platform brand, targeting discrete segments that cut across both consumer and business audiences. What unites these audiences is optimism, fresh thinking and a deep curiosity about the future.
Wired publishes 10 issues a year of its magazine, in print and digital formats. It has a website, Wired.co.uk, and a strong presence on social media. It hosts a number of vertically focused B to B conferences and runs Wired Consulting – allowing corporates to access the intelligence and insights gathered by the Wired network.
The editor works alongside the commercial director to provide the leadership and vision for the Wired brand. It is much more than a conventional magazine editorship: The role requires someone with a creative, ideas-led focus – and an intimate understanding of the brand’s voice and set of interests.
This person needs to have access to the people and companies that Wired covers – and intuitively understand what is, and what is not, a Wired story. Quality control in hiring editors, designers, writers, photographers and digital talent is essential, at every level.
- Responsibility for all editorial output. To generate, harness and edit ideas across all platforms. These include the magazine, supplements, live events, digital channels, video, social media and podcasts.
- Manage and motivate a highly talented team (of 20).
- Ensure that all output maintains the strict publishing schedule.
- Work closely with the Commercial Director on multi-platform client funded projects.
- To be an ambassador for Wired at events in Britain and overseas.
To apply, go here.