Wired magazine seeks a web producer
Wired magazine seeks a web producer.
The function of the web producer is to:
• Update WIRED.com’s homepage and index pages, as well as perform day-to-day tasks related to maintaining the site’s tone and feel.
• Write headlines and optimize article placement on the homepage to best represent WIRED’s content.
• Generate and write stories, particularly for WIRED Photo.
Tasks related to this work may include:
• Running daily story budget meetings with the editors, producers, photo editors, and video editors to track WIRED.com’s daily publication schedule.
• Optimizing headlines for the homepage, for SEO, and for social media.
• Making changes to the homepage and index pages using WIRED’s CMS.
• Proofreading the homepage, index pages, and other WIRED.com content as needed.
• Occasionally working with the audience development department to build and deploy newsletters.
• Having a good handle on SEO best practices to ensure content is appropriately titled and tagged.
• Have at least one year of experience in an editorial production role.
• Be tech savvy, with the ability to master unfamiliar tools quickly.
• Have excellent writing skills. Experience with or interest in writing about photography is a plus.
• Possess knowledge and interest in the history and style of WIRED.
• Be able to manage multiple projects at once, including unexpected breaking news.
• Have a passion for and experience with various social media platforms, either personal or professional.
• Pay meticulous attention to detail.
• Basic skills using HTML, CSS, and Adobe Photoshop are a plus.
Send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.