Variety seeks a news editor in New York
Variety is looking for a news editor to cover breaking news on the television beat.
This position is based in our Midtown Manhattan location. Ideal candidates must be able to write, edit and post stories quickly, with a deep knowledge of the TV industry, programming, and pop culture. Must be a self-starter, with strong news judgment.
- 3-5 years writing/editing experience
- Monitor competitive sites, social media platforms and the web for breaking news.
- Write recaps of popular TV shows
- Conduct interviews with executives, stars, and showrunners
- Organize monthly calendar of TV coverage priorities
- Must be well-versed in SEO and social media
- Familiarity with TV ratings a plus
- May be asked to cover events including TCA, Comic-Con, Paley as well as premieres
To apply, go here.