Vanity Fair seeks associate editor for Hive
Vanity Fair seeks an associate editor to help lead Hive, its fast-growing business news vertical, devoted to authoritative, real-time coverage of Silicon Valley, Wall Street, Washington, and the media. The ideal candidate will be a self-starting “player coach” who can assign and edit stories as well as write and publish them, all on tight timelines. This position reports to VF.com’s news editor.
- Along with the editor, lead the daily content charge on the Hive vertical—assigning and editing a minimum of 8 stories across a team of 5 writers.
- Help writers shape their story ideas to help them go beyond the news of the day.
- Assist in crafting the daily Hive newsletter.
- Availability to jump on breaking news as necessary, and participate in live coverage of debates, election nights, and other relevant live moments
- Use traffic data and social-media feedback to optimize performance and maintain consistent growth
- Partner with other key departments including photo, video, social, PR, audience development, etc.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum three years’ experience in a fast-paced, news-driven environment
- Ability to balance daily deadlines with longer-lead stories across platforms
- Experience using a CMS to publish a high volume of daily content
- Experience covering breaking news and/or current events on a digital platform
- Social media-savvy, and experience using social platforms to monitor conversations around major events
- Experience overseeing content from brainstorm to deploy— approving ideas, sourcing art, scheduling posts, promotion on newsletters and social, etc.
- Strong writing skills with ability to contribute great ideas
To apply, go here.