Utah Business magazine seeks a managing editor
Utah Business is Utah’s leading statewide source for business news and information. We aim to provide the best quality news and information to our readers in both print and digital formats as well as through informative events.
Utah Business is also committed to recognizing leaders across all industries through a variety of premiere award events.
While enhancing your career path and gaining valuable skills and knowledge – enjoy these awesome benefits!
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Training Opportunities
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Excellent Compensation Structure
- Onsite Gym and Credit Union
- Excellent Growth Opportunity
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Discounts to local venues and/or attractions
If you are looking for a career that boasts opportunity and a great work environment – Utah Business Magazine is the place for you! We are looking for you to help guide us in the next direction of another successful venture!
The Managing Editor supervises and directs the Utah Business editorial staff to ensure maximum production, quality control, and efficiency of assigned magazines and additional projects. Oversees group administration and operations, including 12 monthly publications, 4 Silicon Slopes issues, 3-4 custom publications, and 13+ award programs each year.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and adhere to an annual editorial calendar
- Plan monthly content
- Manage internal teams of editors and art department, as well as freelancers
- Coordinate with guest column contributors
- Work with external clients to plan, develop and deliver content
- Edit columns and articles
- Manage award programs- launch and compile nominations, assemble judging panel, select honorees, schedule interviews, photoshoots, etc.
- Oversee Book of Lists research and list editing
- Manage Monthly roundtables- schedule, invite attendees, and attend
- At least 5 years of successful journalism experience required, either at a consumer magazine, trade magazine, B2B publication, newspaper or online publication
- Excellent editorial skills – writing, editing, creative concepting
- Excellent oral and presentation related communication skills
- Must be organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and capable of managing multiple projects and tasks with aggressive deadlines and have strong time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, instruct, coach, direct and supervise others in performing their essential job functions
To apply, go here.