U.S. News seeks careers reporter
The Consumer Advice team at U.S. News & World Report, which strives to help people make smarter decisions when it comes to saving and spending, careers, investing and retirement, is seeking a Careers Reporter for our online Careers content (https://money.usnews.com/careers).
This position includes extensive reporting, writing and some editing. The beat covers a wide range of careers topics, including applying for jobs, interviewing for jobs, salaries and benefits and workplace culture.
The reporter will also report on our popular Best Jobs rankings (https://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/rankings). Growing our audience, improving engagement and pursuing new and enterprising ways to cover the careers landscape are also integral parts of this position, which is located in Washington, D.C.
- Generate story ideas and write advice content regularly around Careers
- Contribute to a guiding Careers content strategy
- Work closely with data, product and design teams to improve our Best Jobs rankings product
- Two to three years of writing experience; reporting background in careers or business a plus
- Strong interest in careers topics, including applying for jobs, interviewing for jobs, salaries and benefits and workplace culture
- Ability to multitask and work on deadline in an extremely fast-paced, digital publishing environment
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Experience with content management systems
- Working knowledge of and interest in U.S. News’s rankings projects and consumer advice content
- Strong understanding of SEO and experience with online analytics reporting
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with freelancers
- Savvy with social media, including Twitter and Facebook
- College degree or equivalent
To apply, go here.