TheStreet seeks senior health care reporter
TheStreet Inc., an award-winning financial media company, is seeking a senior health care reporter to join its health care team.
Based out of our Washington, DC, bureau, this writer will be part of a team responsible for covering all aspects of the health care industry for both TheStreet and our sister publication The Deal. The right candidates will be enthusiastic about the beat, well-sourced, have strong knowledge of the regulatory aspect of the health care industry, and open to doing videos.
Other Responsibilities include:
• Evaluating news leads and tips to develop story ideas. Cultivating sources for stories
• Gathering and verifying factual information through interviews, observation and research
• Representing TheStreet on television and video
Frequent visits to Capitol Hill for interviews with regulators, to attend key votes
• Following market trends and providing sophisticated analysis that will be useful to a readership of both individual and institutional investors
• Breaking down complex topics and reports laced with industry jargon into clear, engaging prose and/or video segments, without losing nuance
Proven record of excellence covering the healthcare industry from a business perspective
• Familiarity with income statements, balance sheets and other regulatory filings
• Familiarity with company-valuation metrics
• Some experience with using financial databases such as Bloomberg, Standard & Poor’s Capital IQ and Thomson Reuters
• Bachelor’s degree
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• More than 5 years of business reporting experience
• Strong writing and questioning/investigative skills
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Comfort level with health care terminology and numbers
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements with “Health Care Reporter” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.