TheStreet seeks reporter to cover activist investors
TheStreet.com, an award-winning financial media company, is seeking an activist reporter to cover activist investors, which are financier who buy stakes in publicly traded stocks and demand changes to improve performance.
Based in New York, the ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience at a major website, wire service, newspaper or financial trade publication, preferably with experience writing and editing private equity and/ or hedge fund articles.
The ideal candidate will either have or be able to develop sources among the activist community and not just tie competing journalists, but produce exclusive “scoops.”
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
• 3-5 years experience at a major website, wire service, newspaper or financial trade publication
• Experience writing about private equity and/or hedge funds is strongly preferred
• Ability to develop sources among the activist community
• Previous editorial- management preferred
Please send your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and your three best clips indicating “Activist Reporter” in the subject line to email@example.com