TheStreet seeks business reporter
TheStreet Inc., an award-winning financial media company is seeking a Business News Journalist to write about the business news industry.
We’re looking for a journalist who is able to follow and break news while adding insight and commentary to the most important and compelling companies and businesses in the U.S. and the world. The Business News Journalist will cover everything from markets, business, and companies, to high-tech, energy, the media industry, the business of sports, and banking.
TheStreet is expanding its news platforms to deepen its coverage of markets as well as the companies, businesses, and people who run them. While the principal focus of TheStreet is on stocks and bonds, smart and insightful stories about businesses also shape and punctuate the website. We’re looking for a writer eager to follow and comment on developments in banking, industrials, the energy industry, sports business, the media – television, film, and digital – as well as the many facets of technology.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or a related field
• 3+ years of experience writing about business news
• Good writer, even better reporter
• Can juggle daily assignments
• Attention to detail
• Must be organized and able to meet all deadlines
• Knowledge of financial markets
• Supportive attitude and the ability to function well in a team environment
Please send your resume and salary requirements with “Business News Journalist” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.