TheStreet seeks a tech reporter
TheStreet Inc., an award-winning financial media company, is seeking a reporter to join its tech team.
Based in our New York or San Francisco bureaus, this writer will be part of a team responsible for covering all aspects of the tech industry from tech giants like Amazon to chipmakers like Intel. The right candidates will be enthusiastic about the beat, well-sourced, familiar with the basics of the tech industry, and open to doing videos.
Other Responsibilities include:
• Evaluating news leads and tips to develop story ideas. Cultivating sources for stories
• Gathering and verifying factual information through interviews, observation and research• Representing TheStreet on television and video• Following market trends and providing sophisticated analysis that will be useful to a readership of both individual and institutional investors• Breaking down complex topics and reports laced with industry jargon into clear, engaging prose and/or video segments, without losing nuance
• Familiarity with income statements, balance sheets and other regulatory filings
• Familiarity with company-valuation metrics• Some experience with using financial databases such as Bloomberg, Standard & Poor’s Capital IQ and Thomson Reuters
• Bachelor’s degree• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.• 1-3 years of business reporting experience• Strong writing and questioning/investigative skills• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines• Comfort level with tech terminology and numbers
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements with “Tech Reporter” in the subject line to email@example.com.
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.