Streetwise Media seeks reporter for Minny Inno
American Inno is a digital media and events company covering, strengthening, and supporting local innovation. We are in Boston, Chicago, DC, and Austin, with plans to expand to several cities over the next year. In every market, we publish a daily newsletter, tell a handful of authoritative, engaging stories a week, and host monthly meetups and several big events throughout the year.
This spring, Inno will launch a property in Minneapolis-St. Paul and we are looking for a talented, passionate writer to lead the brand. The writer will be the face of the local Inno, writing a daily newsletter as well as 5/6 original stories a week. The writer will also work with our national events team on a quarterly event.
In every market we’re in, Inno is the BEST source for local tech and startup coverage. We’re looking for a writer that’s excited by the opportunity to build, create, and grow a brand like that in their market.
An Inno writer will…
- Work hard and fast while also understanding that we’re in the business of adding value through original, thoughtful, engaging content, regardless of platform.
- Ensure that Inno remains the place to get everything you need to know about Minneapolis-St.Paul innovation, tech and startup scene.
- Tell original stories while also being able to curate relevant news in the community via the newsletter.
- Teach and inform the readers everyday.
- Be embedded in the Twin Cities ecosystem. You’re at events, meeting with VCs, founders, professors, etc.
- Be invested in Inno’s growth, from site performance to event attendees to newsletter subscribers.
- Be self motivated. There’s not a ton of hand-holding in this role. We’re looking for someone that recognizes the opportunity – to build a new media property in the Twin Cities – and runs with it.
- Be a good ‘team’ player. Though you’ll be the only writer with Minny Inno, you’ll work closely with the entire Inno team to grow the brand and the newsroom at the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal (which is where you’ll be. They’re our sister company).
Finally, we don’t have strict experience requirements, but to be a successful Inno writer, you need to be…
- Personable: You can write with a voice that people recognize and like.
- A journalist: You have a well-developed instinct for a good story.
- A bit of a news junkie: It bothers you if you’re late to find out about a big story.
American Inno is a digital media and events company covering, strengthening, and supporting local innovation. We are in Boston, Chicago, DC, and Austin, with plans to expand to several cities over the next year. In every market, we publish a daily newsletter, tell a handful of authoritative, engaging stories a week, and host several big events throughout the year, as well as a monthly meetup. American Inno is backed by the prestigious American City Business Journals, which owns a network of 40+ business papers throughout the US. ACBJ reaches and connects the business leaders of today while Inno’s focused on the business leaders of tomorrow.
In addition to the application, please send a paragraph or two to Will@chicagoinno.com, who’s leading market expansion for American Inno, about why you think you’re the right fit for the position.