S&P Global seeks energy reporter in New York
With more than 300 journalists across five continents, we are rapidly growing our coverage of financial and sector news. You will work closely with editors and journalists around the world. We’re the foremost provider of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
The Impact: Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership that includes investors, power producers, utilities, regulators and policymakers.
What’s in it for you:
- Tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally
- Learn about and lead coverage on the trends impacting the power sector
- Opportunities to enrich your ability to deliver high-quality news
- Opportunities for new and dynamic responsibilities, including reporting mentoring and editorial leadership
- Build and cultivate a robust network of contacts within the power and investment communities.
- Explore a highly-rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards.
- Brainstorm with colleagues who share deep knowledge and passion about the sectors they cover.
- Enjoy a casual working environment.
- Lead coverage of power M&A, private equity activity and renewable energy investment
- Strive to break deal news
- Write feature-length and longform stories supported by data
- Read through news releases, third-party reports and SEC filings
- Cover conference calls with company executives
- Attend conferences and events
- Establish relationships with sources, analysts and industry authorities
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong writing and reporting skills, along with excellent news judgement
- Experience with breaking news coverage as well as feature writing
- Ability to work independently
- Experience operating in a real-time news environment
- Knowledge of the power industry, financial markets and the role of the investment community in energy
- Experience covering regulatory, legal and financial developments
To apply, go here.