S&P Global seeks bank news editor
As an editor with the bank news team, you will deliver fast-paced news while collaborating with a team that spans four countries. Coverage includes U.S. banks and the regulations, trends and economic events that impact them.
Location: Charlottesville, VA or Arlington, VA
The Team: Do you love to collaborate? With a global newsroom of more than 250 reporters and editors across five continents, you will have the opportunity every single day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and to develop a close team dynamic with co-workers from around the globe. In this role, you will lead a team of 10 based in several operating sites.
The Impact: Our journalists combine subject matter expertise, a real passion for news and best-in-class data.
We comb through regulatory filings, attend top industry events, and monitor market trends to bring readers the information they need to know. Our comprehensive and timely news gathering operation combined with our enterprise journalism creates a unique news source essential to any sector-focused professional.
What’s in it for you:
- Explore a highly-rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards.
- Utilize our extensive database of market, regulatory and corporate data to enrich your ability to deliver high-quality news.
- Brainstorm with colleagues who share deep knowledge and passion about the sectors they cover.
- Enjoy a casual working environment.
- Edit news articles for accuracy, style and content.
- Adhere to daily and weekly deadlines.
- Shape your team’s daily content by developing fresh story ideas and delivering sharp, concise content and prioritizing news coverage.
- Coach and mentor team members.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience leading a daily news team.
- Strong editing skills and a strong command of journalistic practices (AP style, libel issues, etc.).
- An affinity for analyzing numbers, using in-house data intelligence, financial reports and other industry information.
- Strong communication skills: You will need to be able to deliver feedback effectively to reporters across the globe.
- Business journalism experience.
- Knowledge of financial market & economic trend analysis
- Experience covering the US Banking sector a big advantage.
- Experience leading remote teams.
To apply, go here.