Reuters seeks reporter to cover Wall Street banks
Reuters is seeking a journalist to cover Wall Street banks and serve as a team leader overseeing our coverage of the industry as it moves from a period of restructuring and regulation to a time when business is booming again.
Tax reforms engineered by the Trump administration have boosted the bottom line and spurred a spate of megadeals. Meanwhile, trading – once left for dead – has been buoyed by rising interest rates and global economic growth. Other areas like wealth management and asset management are flourishing as banks rely more on technology to keep costs contained.
However, boom times can come with excesses: more risk-taking, questionable products, bigger pay packages and lax oversight. The successful applicant will demonstrate a knack for conceptualizing and delivering stories that explain what’s happening inside Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and other large financial institutions, and how their actions affect clients, investors, taxpayers and consumers. The team leader would also collaborate with colleagues covering other banks and M&A to break news and drive deeper stories.
- Pursue ambitious stories, including investigations, about Wall Street banks and their top executives
- Break and handle major news about Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley
- Develop sources across the broader industry, including investment bankers and traders at other big banks
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the Americas, and counterparts in Asia and EMEA, to tell global stories
- Be familiar with multiple story-telling platforms including photos, video, text and social media
- At least five years’ experience covering financial services firms or corporations
- Proven track record of delivering scoops and insightful, agenda-setting stories
- Ability to generate and articulate ideas to drive the file forward in original ways
- Ability to partner well with different teams, across news bureaus and beats
- An interest in editing stories and developing leadership skills
To apply, go here.