Reuters seeks oil markets reporter
Reuters is seeking a sharply focused, relentlessly driven journalist who is passionate about breaking news to join the New York energy team as it covers the rise to record energy production in the United States, and the country’s increasingly important role in global crude and fuel markets.
This is a position for a reporter who can move effortlessly from covering cash and futures energy markets, industry spot news, and long-term enterprise stories on international energy flows, trading strategies, boardroom upheaval and investment trends across the sector.
Energy policy is one of the top focuses for President Donald Trump and the successful candidate will need to play their part in ensuring Reuters wins the stories on the impact of policy change on the energy market and both domestic and international energy shipments. We need a reporter who can produce enterprising scoops, shed light on the opaque energy market, and develop deep sourcing in a secretive industry.
The candidate should have strong team skills and be keen to turn their hand across the entire range of commodities coverage as part of a strong, competitive reporting squad that has a hard-won reputation for producing agenda-setting coverage for both our core energy and commodity market users, as well as for our media, investor and financial professional audience. Our regional energy correspondents are based in New York, Houston, Canada and Latin America so the ability to work in a virtual team is essential.
Location: New York
- A proven track record developing deep sources, breaking news, reporting and writing long-form stories.
- Strong writing skills, coupled with experience handling and contributing to stories in real time.
- The ability to clearly explain complex industry subjects to a wide audience as well as to a financially sophisticated reader.
- Experience covering oil futures and cash markets, and/or other commodity/financial market preferable.
- Proven ability to work closely and collaboratively as part of a diverse, driven team spanning multiple regions. Reporters preferring to strike out alone need not apply for this position.
- Minimum of two years of experience in journalism.
To apply, go here.