Reuters seeks M&A correspondent in London
Reuters is looking for an experienced scoop-driven M&A reporter to break stories on market-moving deals, one of the newsiest, most market-sensitive parts of the file.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- The successful candidate will regularly break news on the most competitive M&A deals in EMEA, helping Reuters to report market-moving news that is regularly the most-read part of the file.
- They will be expected to have a track record of M&A scoops and possess strong relationships with M&A sources in the UK and/or across Europe including banking sources, investors and company insiders.
- They will win exclusive stories on live and expected deals and follow them throughout their life cycle, working closely with Reuters’ M&A team in London and its network of financial reporters in the region.
- They will have an inquisitive personality, strong source-building skills and a deep understanding of public takeovers as well as private equity auctions.
- Deliver exclusive news on live and expected deals
- Have solid relationships with M&A bankers as well as lawyers, investors and company insiders
- Have a deep understanding of deal-making and public takeovers
- Ability to quickly develop sources when M&A news breaks
- Excellent interviewing technique for secretive bankers and investors and tenacity in building contacts
- Ability to identify trends in M&A and capital markets transactions
To apply, go here.