Reuters seeks investigative reporter in Moscow
Reuters news agency is looking for a correspondent to conduct agenda-setting investigations in Russia.
The successful candidate will have a track record of producing deeply-reported, exclusive stories that have a major impact, they will need to have excellent sources inside Russia, and be familiar with doing investigative journalism in Russia. The correspondent will be expected to propose investigations, do the reporting, and draft the story.
They must be a team player. They will collaborate closely with our specialist beat reporters, and with editors. The correspondent will be expected to work to the highest ethical standards of journalism. A working knowledge of English is an advantage. They will need to be comfortable reporting on business and financial dealings.
The correspondent will be given the time and space to focus on investigations, but at times will be expected to pitch in to cover real-time news when the need arises. In the past few years, Reuters has established itself as a major source of investigative journalism on Russia, with ground-breaking reports on official corruption, the president’s associates, the military campaigns in Syria and Ukraine, and efforts to circumvent sanctions, among others. The successful candidate will play a central role in continuing that strand of reporting, and taking it to the next level.
Essential day-to-day responsibilities:
- Produce deeply-reported, exclusive investigative articles
- Generate ideas for stories
- Build and maintain sources
- Collaborate on stories with other members of Reuters team
- Pitch in where needed to cover real-time news
Required skills and experience:
- Track record of journalistic investigations in Russia
- Proven sources in Russia
- Experience of doing journalism to highest ethical standards
- Be comfortable writing about business and finance
- Ability to write clearly and accurately in Russian
- Command of English an advantage
- Ability to operate under time pressure and meet deadlines
To apply, go here.