Reuters seeks Chicago news editor
Reuters seeks an energetic, experienced editor to lead our news file in Chicago.
Our biggest Midwest bureau sits at the intersection of some of the most important stories for our financial and media clients, from traditional retailers trying to survive Amazon’s expansion to Monsanto’s herbicide troubles and continuing strife over racial inequality.
The successful candidate will be a well-rounded manager able to edit stories across a range of subjects but one who also brings expertise in commodities or company news. We are looking for a journalist who can spot interesting ideas, work with reporters to turn those into insightful stories and collaborate with the editing desk to get stories published.
As the senior editor in the bureau, the Chicago News Editor will represent the team on regular story planning calls and will take charge when there are big breaking stories in the Chicago area.
- Well-rounded journalist and editor who is able to edit stories across a wide range of topics, from corporate and commodities to general news
- Expertise in either commodities or company news
- Ability to spot interesting stories, help reporters frame their ideas and guide them in reporting
- A demonstrated ability to inspire reporters to do their best work
- Minimum of 5 years editorial management experience
Read more here.