Reuters seeks ag/energy policy reporter in DC
Reuters isseeking an enterprising journalist to join our energy and commodities policy reporting team in Washington, DC.
The reporter will be expected to break news and deliver distinctive and insightful stories about the Trump administration’s efforts to aid drillers, miners, refiners and farmers – and how the changes are affecting people, places, and companies. The space has rarely been more active: the White House has ceded global leadership in fighting climate change; the EPA is in a firestorm of controversy over its leader’s deregulatory push, handling of biofuels policy, and alleged ethical missteps; the Interior Department is undergoing an effort to vastly increase drilling offshore and on public land; the Department of Energy is looking for ways to keeping old coal and nuclear power plants from retirement; and lawmakers are drafting a new farm bill.
This is an ideal job for someone who wants to make a difference on an important and highly competitive beat of significant interest to Reuters’ financial and media clients. The successful candidate will join an experienced team based in Washington and will be expected to help on all areas of the beat, but with a particular focus on biofuels and agriculture. The winning candidate must be resourceful, persistent, and ambitious and have a knack for developing good sources. Existing contacts on the beat would be helpful.
- Proven skill at reporting and writing distinctive, ambitious, agenda-setting stories
- A track record of breaking news
- Ability to cultivate top sources
- Proven record of fresh story ideas for feature stories and projects
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Understanding of multi-media elements to enhance stories, from graphics to pictures and video
- At least 5 years’ experience reporting or editing at a major news organization
To apply, go here.