Reuters seeks a digital editor in New York
Reuters is looking for a smart and seasoned editor to help grow and expand the digital audience of one of the world’s leading news brands. The ideal candidate will share our passion for business and international news and be brimming with original ideas about how to intelligently engage professionals around the world online.
You will have superior news judgment and an obsessive understanding of global financial markets, politics, foreign policy, technology and corporate America. You should also have a knack for taking deeply reported, complex stories into new arenas, including social platforms and on mobile. Visuals will be as important to you as words when it comes to digital storytelling.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated ability to increase online audiences, including websites, apps and social media.
- An understanding of what makes a powerful news story, and how to play it for a sophisticated audience.
- Experience presenting complex stories on corporations, the economy, foreign exchange, politics and commodities without “dumbing them down”.
- Ideas for reaching new audiences and further engaging our most loyal users on multiple platforms.
- Keen headline writing, copy editing skills and an eye for detail.
- Visual editing experience for websites and social media.
The preferred candidate will have:
- At least 5 years of experience as a journalist.
- A deep understanding of audience analytics and how to create editorial experiences that drive engagement.
- Exceptional reporting and writing skills in order to present news that is simple, clear, fast and accurate.
- Experience editing and creating multimedia assets.
- A proven ability to emphasize and pull out different aspects of a story throughout one or more news cycles in ways that maximize their impact and reach among various audiences.
- A working knowledge of the Reuters Trust Principles.
To apply, go here.