Philadelphia Inquirer seeks deputy biz editor
The Philadelphia Inquirer is looking to hire a deputy business editor.
The deputy business editor works with the business editor to lead business news coverage for all platforms. Places a premium on developing new content that is local, unique, and useful, creating strong rapport with audiences online and in print. Collaborates with all parts of the company to develop products that meet the needs of the audience.
Previous editing experience is mandatory, as is a proven record of leading a team of reporters. Strong personal skills are appreciated, and a background in business journalism is a plus.
- Directly manage one or more reporting teams within business, assigning stories, setting priorities and line-editing stories
- Oversee daily management of the Philly.com Business vertical
- Coordinate the Business Sunday section in the Philadelphia Inquirer
- Play a key role in developing new Business products, such as newsletters and events
- Minimum of three years editing experience.
- Well versed in analytics tools and capable of using those tools to help guide reporters and coverage
- Strong management ability
- Advanced editing, coaching and collaborative skills
- Reporting and research skills necessary to become a subject matter expert
- Strong writing skills, including use of alternative story forms and conversational voice
- Skills in brainstorming, planning and coordinating multimedia storytelling
- Please submit up to five samples of your work. Philadelphia Media Network is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To apply, go here.