Pennsylvania Biz Central seeks an editor
The Pennsylvania Business Central, the region’s premier B2B publication has an immediate opening for an editor with excellent organizational, research, proofing/editing and writing skills.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to be hands on and participate in all aspects of the publishing process in print, online, social media and in person. This position is based in State College, Pa., and provides ample room for growth in our 75+, 6 State, corporate footprint.
The position will also lead in the production of our bi-monthly publications, Women in Business and The Marcellus Business Central, as well as our seasonal chamber newsletter, CBICC Centre Connection. All are part of Sample Media Group and offer a tremendous opportunity for growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years editing/writing experience AP Style a must
- Solid verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with proven success managing multiple deadlines
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and learn new topics quickly
- Understanding of social media goals and process
- Big picture understanding how businesses operate
- Passion for B2B is preferred
- Must be well-versed in current web trends and concepts including social media
- Must be a self-starter, and willing to take on increasing levels of responsibility
- Technical skills: Word, Basic Excel, Gmail or Outlook; CMS;
The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will be editing, proofing and tagging stories for posting online; organizing, compiling and scheduling e-newsletters; organizing the print process; working with a part time assistant, stringers, and interns on various editorial projects; and engaging the audience in social media channels.
The best candidate for the position will be able to conduct in-depth research into a variety of industries including energy, banking and financial, law, healthcare and manufacturing. Candidates must also understand what goes into maintaining a relationship with business leaders and community resources throughout Pennsylvania. This is not a remote user position. You must be able to come to the office in State College and be able to attend events as both a reporter and a representative of the publications.
Salary commensurate with experience. If interested, please e-mail a cover letter and resume today to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please briefly explain how your skills and experience align with the position.