OZY Media seeks to hire a business reporter
This ambitious journalist will cover business and finance from our New York office. Candidates ideally will have 5-7 years of reporting experience and be strong writers with the drive to keep OZY ahead of the curve on the big ideas and rising stars of tomorrow to fit our distinct storytelling sections.
This journalist will prepare unique, analytical and globally minded write-ups, respond to the news of the day with fresh insights and be interested in pursuing long-read, investigative-style reporting, as well as shorter, quick-hit pieces. The ability to write clean, delicious copy is key, in addition to having a head for Wall Street, business and personal finance.
A love for mixing it up with occasional cultural features is a plus. Please send your CV and cover letter, along with your top five clips. Boring people need not apply.
- Pitch and write compelling business/finance/culture features each week.
- Cover the leaders and trends of tomorrow.
- Conceive of and own projects, from investigative reports to editorial series.
- Work as part of a close-knit team — the OZY tribe — to help reinvent online journalism and build a unique brand.
- Collaborate on podcasts and represent OZY on TV and radio.
- At least 5-7 years of reporting experience.
- Strong organizational and social skills.
- Excel at cultivating a great network of contacts in the business world.
- Excitement and hunger to thrive in a startup environment.
To apply, go here.