NYT’s Dealbook seeks an editor
DealBook, The New York Times’s business news platform for C-level decision-makers, policy officials and everyone who intersects with them, is looking for an editor in New York. This editor will be a crucial team member in the relaunch of DealBook in the coming months.
This is a multifaceted role. Candidates should be seasoned business journalists, with experience in running successful large-scale editorial projects and demonstrating deep understanding of best practices in digital journalism. And while strong writing and editing expertise is essential, so is understanding audience development tactics and product development initiatives. This is a guild position.
- Manage DealBook editors and reporters in New York, London and other bureaus to source, write, edit and promote original, exclusive and timely journalism for the targeted audience of business leaders.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the DealBook digital properties, including shaping the scope of coverage for the day.
- Coordinate across BizDay, NewsDesk, Times Events and other departments to ensure DealBook journalism compliments other Times initiatives and serves the greater organization’s needs.
- Point person for our colleagues in Revenue, Product, Technology and more.
- 5 years in business journalism, preferably as both a reporter and an editor
- Experience in overseeing editorial newsletters or other digital products at a media company
- Demonstrated experience of the effective use of web and newsletter analytics for improving products and growing audiences
- Strategic thinking, solid news judgment, ability to successfully work and communicate with team members based in multiple time zones under tight deadlines
- Creativity, curiosity, enthusiasm and impressive organizational skills
To apply, go here.