NerdWallet seeks mortgages reporter
NerdWallet is looking for great writers with an entrepreneurial mindset. You have ideas to contribute. You want to do more than earn a living. You want to help build a business. You’re comfortable with change and taking constructive criticism. You’re a strong writer and reporter who wants to keep improving and learning new skills.
That’s what it takes to thrive at NerdWallet. We’ve been around since 2009, helping consumers make smart financial decisions. We cover consumer finance — banking, credit cards, education, health care, insurance, investing, mortgages and homeownership, personal loans, shopping, small business — you name it.
We’re looking for a writer to join our mortgages and housing finance team. The ideal candidate is a careful, thoughtful reporter and writer used to translating complicated topics into easy to understand articles for readers facing the biggest financial transaction of their lives: Buying a home. S/he has a deep understanding of home buying, the mortgage process, homeownership and other housing finance topics. S/he will write about buying a home, getting a mortgage, refinancing and home ownership in ways that help our readers make smart, informed decisions about getting a mortgage, refinancing, taking care of their homes and selling a house.
Where you can make an impact:
- Write high-quality stories on reasonable deadlines
- Help build our business with strategic-level input on content strategy
- Help consumers make informed decisions about home buying and home ownership
- Help millions by adding transparency to the home buying and refinance process
- Establish NerdWallet as an authority in the industry
- Flexibility and comfort with change. (We’re a successful startup that will continue to grow and innovate aggressively.)
- Collaborative approach
- A strong work ethic
- A strong command of language
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work well on your own, as well as in a team setting
- The ability to juggle multiple projects
- Demonstrated competence writing about housing, mortgages, homeownership, home selling and other housing finance topics.
- Our work involves understanding complex topics and explaining them conversationally. Please include links to your work samples along with your cover letter and resume.
To apply, go here.