Nerdwallet seeks mortgage markets reporter
Nerdwallet is looking for a writer to write about how financial markets affect U.S. housing.
You’ll cover the impact of macroeconomic events on bond and other financial markets and explain how those impacts affect mortgage rates, home prices and other homeownership issues. Your brief will be wide: Federal Reserve rate moves, EU referenda, economic indicators, Treasury bond auctions, U.S. housing policy and its effect on mortgage rates, hedge fund meltdowns, it’s all up for grabs.
You’ll also serve as our go-to media resource/spokesperson, providing media commentary, including on-air appearances and other formats, for TV, radio, print and online outlets.
The ideal candidate is comfortable reporting and writing on deadline about the intersection of markets, macroeconomics and real estate. S/he has a strong track record of explaining complicated market and macroeconomic events to readers and of writing about the connection between those events and the Main Street economy, especially the American Dream of homeownership.
Where you can make an impact:
- Write high-quality stories on deadline
- Help build our business with strategic-level input on content strategy
- Help consumers make informed decisions about home buying and home ownership
- Help millions by adding transparency to the home buying and refinance process
- Build our brand with media appearances and commentary
- Establish NerdWallet as an authority in the industry
- Flexibility and comfort with change. (We’re a successful startup that will continue to grow and innovate aggressively.)
- Collaborative approach
- A strong work ethic
- A strong command of language
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work well on your own, as well as in a team setting
- The ability to juggle multiple projects
- Strong work in writing about markets, the economy and personal finance. Experience covering hard news is a plus. Our work involves understanding complex topics and explaining them conversationally. Please include links to your work samples along with your cover letter and resume.
To apply, go here.