MT Newswires seeks markets reporters and editors
A leading real time global markets financial news publisher is seeking energetic and experienced stock/equities news journalists and editors with experience covering the US and/or Canadian stock markets.
This is a telecommute position for EXPERIENCED EDITORS & JOURNALISTS who have covered the financial markets in the US or Canada. There are currently several openings for this telecommute (part or full-time) freelance writing and editing position.
Join one of the fastest growing financial publications globally! Great working environment, compensation and flexibility.
ABOUT MT NEWSWIRES:
Founded in 1999, MT Newswires is a leading real time multi-asset class financial newswire headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland. The Company is growing rapidly and looking for experienced and energetic editors and reporters to be part of an experienced, industry leading team of breaking corporate news journalists covering public companies in North America.
TELECOMMUTE JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position involves working with other MT Newswires reporters around the globe (via Chat) in writing and editing breaking news related to financial markets and global economies using the various information sources provided by MT Newswires. In depth familiarity and extensive experience in stock market reporting is required. Experience at other financial wire services (Dow Jones Newswires, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, MarketWatch, etc.) is a big plus.
Stories are carried on the MTNewswires.com site and syndicated to other major market data platforms and large financial institutions. Our entire publishing day runs from 5 am EST – 6 pm EST Monday – Friday (excluding market holidays).
Please visit our Web site to learn more about our company and the popular Live Briefs equity news services: www.mtnewswires.com
- Experience covering the US or Canadian markets with another wire service or similar publication;
- Comfort and experience in a news gathering and writing in a real-time environment for a demanding readership that pays close attention to timeliness and accuracy as our clients make investment decisions based on our news and commentary;
- Analysis of US and/or Canadian stocks and economics with the ability to draw out strong narratives;
- Willing to work remotely with a team of experienced editors and reporters;
- Access to a computer with a reliable high speed internet connection.
Pay is on the high end of the industry scale and while freelance, provides a regular and reliable monthly income with significant near term growth potential. The Company has a tremendous record of retaining contributors over its 17 year history. Rates vary based on experience and location.
We are looking to hire experienced business journalists right away. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org