Morning Consult seeks advertising/media reporter
Morning Consult is a digital media company covering policy and politics in Washington, on the campaign trail, and in the business community through daily email briefings, original polling, and enterprise reporting.
Over 200,000 people open a Morning Consult email brief each week.
We are hiring a reporter to cover the business of advertising and media for our quickly expanding company, including writing about our original polling data. The position requires work from home in the early morning before regular business hours.
Morning Consult reporters are experts on their beat. They are able to take in all of the news, events, commentary and other information that happens in a day and give our audience a concise update on what that information is and why it matters. They also dig through our original data to provide topical insights, and break news on what powerful people/institutions are doing.
- Break news and report on the business of advertising, marketing and media industries
- Compile newsletters that pull together the top news in the field
- Brainstorm and write packages that make use of Morning Consult’s unparalleled market research data
- Use Morning Consult polling to bolster original reporting
- At least 1+ years’ experience working in a newsroom, preferably in business coverage
- Ability to analyze data to find useful trends and insights, and identify the best medium to tell a story
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently while paying strict attention to detail
- Thrives in fast, high pressure environment
- Ability to develop sources and respond to feedback
- Prior experience in and knowledge of the advertising, media and marketing fields highly preferred
To apply, go here.