Money seeks senior digital editor
Money, the leading personal finance brand in print and online, is looking for an experienced digital editor to assign and edit dynamic service content for Money.com.
This editor will help coach a small team of staff reporters and writers, in addition to freelancers, and be expected to generate story ideas and brainstorm new initiatives that help advance the brand. Solid knowledge of the subject matter, experience working across platforms, and the ability to translate financial news and trends into actionable advice for readers is a must.
- Spot breaking news and interesting trends and help writers frame stories to generate site traffic
- Edit (and occasionally write) at high volume, when needed, but without sacrificing accuracy or good writing
- Translate complicated subjects into compelling, engaging stories that are understandable, actionable, and interesting
- Find compelling angles and ways to draw traffic for core service content
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Develop smart new coverage ideas and find opportunities to create ambitious, interactive acts
- A competitive streak that will make you seek smart and efficient ways to generate traffic
- At least 5-7 years of experience in digital journalism, largely in personal finance, with several years as an editor
- Broad personal finance chops, and preferably specific knowledge of investing and economics topics
- Skill writing compelling headlines and line-editing stories
- A knack for coming up with stories that will drive clicks and traffic online
- A reputation as a premier idea generator; we need an editor who will routinely come up with great story ideas, small and large
- The ability to mentor, manage, and develop a team of staff and freelance reporters/writers
To apply, go here.