MaketWatch seeks markets reporter
MarketWatch.com is looking for a markets reporter to join its team in New York.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- monitoring all major financial markets, spotting trends and integrating into sharp, readable copy
- writing headlines and news “pulses” under real-time deadlines
- be in regular contact with traders, analysts, strategists and economists
- writing markets enterprise stories and features
- breaking out short news items into full stories
- illustrating moves in markets with easy to read charts and graphs
Candidates must have a working understanding of currencies markets, as well as familiarity with stocks and bond markets. Must be able to work in a pressurized deadline environment and be able to interact easily with a team of motivated reporters. Must be a team player. Good spelling/grammar are extremely important. Excellent writing and communication skills required. Prior web experience preferred. Bachelor or equivalent degree a plus.
To apply, go here.