MarketWatch.com seeks tech reporter in New York
MarketWatch is seeking a technology reporter to track the money flowing to and from some of the largest and most important companies in the world. Working out of the New York bureau, this reporter must be able to break down a corporate earnings report and find the most interesting angle, see through executives’ platitudes to explain to readers exactly what is happening, and find stories that show how tech is changing our workplaces and personal finances. MarketWatch seeks a reporter who can write confidently about tech and finance, and offers a punchy, entertaining writing style when appropriate.
The perfect candidate would be able to explain tech to the investment community and finance to the tech community in a way that will attract readers who are members of neither.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitoring the markets and social media and reporting breaking daily news in a quick, concise and accurate manner
- Finding and recognizing strong story angles for more in-depth articles
- Conceptualizing and executing enterprise and investigative articles
- Covering corporate earnings reports extensively
- Explaining complex investment and financial concepts in a manner that is easy to read and understand
- Working with editors, other reporters and staff on daily news and enterprise projects, as well as videos and interactive graphics
- Developing sources in the investment and technology sectors
To apply, go here.