LinkedIn seeks senior news editor in Tokyo
LinkedIn is looking for a proven news-and-views expert who has a deep desire to define the future of how Japanese professionals get their information and develop their voices. This role involves writing and editing content in Japanese.As our senior Japan editor, you will create, curate and cultivate content that drives the business conversation in the country.
You will be responsible for editing, and co-writing, a daily digest of the stories that matter to Japanese professionals. You will set the editorial strategy, working with other editors, engineers, product managers and more to drive the engagement of LinkedIn members. Our work is constantly evolving, from engaging with some of the world’s top thought leaders to building exciting new mobile products, and leaves tons of room for your own ideas and initiative.You will join a dynamic team who is building something brand new in business news and views and get a fast education in platforms and entrepreneurial journalism.
LinkedIn editors work around the globe (New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Munich, São Paulo, Bangalore, Beijing and Sydney) and their previous lives include the AP, CNBC, Huffington Post, Reuters, The Wall Street Journal and more. All of our news-driven content efforts incorporate an algorithm + editorial approach. You should be as comfortable in a newsroom as in a startup, and as interested in shaping a product as shaping a story.
- Build and drive a market-specific editorial strategy;
- Write and edit a daily digest of Japanese business news;
- Help to curate LinkedIn for Japanese members;
- Forge relationships with top thought leaders and publishers in Japan;
- Spot and predict trends important to Japanese business-content readers and creators;
- Generate analysis on what’s working and what’s not and come up with ways to increase engagement through content;
- Develop new ideas and execute them promptly to reach ambitious content growth and engagement goals in Japan;
- Collaborate with other business departments to drive member engagement;
- 6+ years of experience in business news writing and editing;
- Fluent in Japanese
- Familiarity with the Japanese business environment;
- Experience dealing with business leaders;
- Experience in online media;
- Strong presence on social media;
- Experience with original and curated news;
- Working knowledge of English.
To apply, go here.