LinkedIn seeks business journalist in London
LinkedIn is looking for a business journalist who has a deep desire to define the future of how British professionals get their information and develop their voice.
As the UK news editor, you will curate, create and cultivate content that drives the business conversation in Britain. You will join a dynamic team who is building something brand new in business news and views and get a fast education in platforms and entrepreneurial journalism. You will sit with the international managing editor in London and work within a global team of media pros — their previous lives include the AP, CNBC, Fortune, Reuters, The Wall Street Journal and more — who will help you grow, take initiative and create opportunities.
The mission of a LinkedIn editor is to help professionals get the news they need to be better at what they do and get them sharing on the topics that matter in business today. All of our news-driven content efforts incorporate an algorithm + editorial approach; we believe this combo best ensures that professionals get access to high-quality information and high-quality voices who can help them stay informed. Your job will be to drive the editorial strategy in the UK, working with other editors around the world, with engineers, product managers and other departments to drive the engagement of LinkedIn members.
The editor should have experience with original and curated news, know or have paths to reach top thought leaders with confidence, have incredibly strong news sense, be deeply knowledgeable about the UK business scene, and be a sharp and quick writer and editor. Most importantly, you should have an entrepreneurial spirit and be able to quickly adapt a strategy to the facts on the ground. You should be as comfortable in a newsroom as in a startup. The ideal candidate is as interested in shaping a product as shaping a story.
The position is based in London, reporting to LinkedIn’s European editor in Paris and working with teams in New York, San Francisco, Munich, São Paulo, Bangalore and Hong Kong.
- Build and drive a market-specific editorial strategy;
- Forge relationships with top thought leaders and publishers in the UK to make sure their content is feeding into LinkedIn;
- Generate analysis on what’s working and what’s not and come up with ways to increase engagement through content;
- Help to curate LinkedIn for UK members;
- Write original content.
- 4+ years of experience;
- Experience in news writing and editing;
- Experience dealing with business leaders;
- Experience or background of the British business and tech scene;
- Experience in business journalism
- Experience in online media
- Strong presence on social media
- Experience with original and curated news
To apply, go here.