Kiplinger seeks VP of personal finance content
The Kiplinger Washington Editors, a leading national publisher of business and financial content, seeks an energetic leader with demonstrated personal finance knowledge to advance the success of our print publications while accelerating our ongoing digital transition.
The successful candidate will be a high-achieving editorial leader with a keen understanding of digital and print platforms. He or she must have several years of experience in editorial leadership and a proven track record of motivating staff.
KWE’s Vice President for Personal Finance Content is a senior editorial leadership position who will work closely with other C-level executives, including the CEO, COO, CFO, and Chief Content Officer, in coordination with circulation and advertising sales managers.
- Responsible for all of Kiplinger’s personal finance content. Those products include Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine, Kiplinger.com, Kiplinger’s Retirement Report, Kiplinger’s Investing for Income, Retirement Planning Guide newsstand special, premiums and other content as developed.
- Inspire the current staff of 32 experienced print and digital journalist and recruit qualified candidates to join a growing team.
- Generate new-product ideas, execute the editorial creation and cooperate with marketing to develop a sales plan.
- Work with circulation/sales department to review and enhance sales material to attract new print subscribers and drive email list growth.
- Work with custom publishing division to identify and develop print and interactive content to leverage the Kiplinger brand and develop a growing audience of corporate clients.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in personal finance publishing both in print and online.
- Sound knowledge of and writing experience on topics such as investing, retirement planning, personal income taxes, estate planning and home ownership.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to analyze trends and know-how to create new products.
- Ability to create an environment that motivates and maintains a high level of employee performance and morale.
- Firm understanding of the changing nature of the publishing industry.
Kiplinger provides competitive compensation and benefits packages, plus a collegial and supportive environment for quality work, professional development and a healthy work/life balance.