Investopedia seeks markets and trading editor
Investopedia is seeking a Markets and Trading Editor to join its content team in New York City.
The world’s largest online financial and investing site is taking its educational content to the next level on its mission to help investors make smarter decisions. Through daily coverage, developing readers’ investing skills and the newly launched Investopedia Academy, we are looking for a passionate editor to help us lead that charge. If you love markets, trading, investing and financial education, you’re a fit for our growing team.
What You’ll Do:
- Cover securities markets through an educational lens that teaches our users ‘why’, and ‘how’, they work.
- Assign and edit stories that use the news to teach investors to make smarter decisions
- Improve our existing trading and investing educational content to make it the best on the planet
- Work with a smart and fun content team that knows the ins and outs of financial publishing for millions of users around the world
- Work with the Investopedia Academy on course development and integration of its courses across the site
- Dream up and test new ways of using media to educate our users about investing to make them smarter.
- 3-5 years editorial or practical experience creating content about markets and trading. In other words, you’ve either written or edited markets and trading content, or you are an actual trader who loves to write and read about it.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, preferably with financial content.
- News judgment with an eye towards using it for educational purposes.
- Team player open to using the sciences of online publishing with the art of creating excellent content to read or watch.
- Analytical skills: Use data to help drive decisions and test rigorously.
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 30 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
To apply, go here.