International Business Times seeks senior editor
International Business Times is looking for a senior editor who can keep us ahead of the news cycle and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will help uncover the most important stories each day for IBT’s growing global newsroom. This position reports directly to the Managing Editor. The job is based in New York City.
· Edit, write and publish briefs and enterprise stories each day.
· Manage and train a growing team of breaking news reporters
· Track developing and ongoing stories
· Coordinate with other IBT verticals to ensure quality content
· Track analytics and SEO best practices for team
· Plan and produce enterprise stories
· Cover social media and homepage duties as needed
Desired Skills/Basic Qualifications:
· Minimum 10 years of experience in a professional newsroom
· Editorial understanding and experience covering business and global news stories in innovative ways, including stories focused on: Wall Street, the global recession, civil rights, economic development,emerging economies and the economics of sports.
· Polished writing and editing skills
· Social media experience
· SEO skills
· High standards of editorial integrity
· Ambitious, accurate and resourceful
· Must be comfortable multi-tasking and prioritizing assignments
· Must be willing to work flexible hours under tight deadlines
· Authorization to work in the U.S. is mandatory
· Foreign language skills a plus
To apply for this position, please send cover letter, resume and five clips to c.silva @ ibtimes.com.