Inc. magazine seeks a senior editor
Inc.com, the website for Inc. magazine, seeks a Senior Editor with a passion for online business news and a deep interest in entrepreneurs and their stories. Inc. is the voice of the American entrepreneur.
We inspire, inform, and celebrate the risk-takers and curious go-getters at the centers of innovation and new business development.
- analyze real-time traffic and social data to program the Inc.com homepage;
- write a review regular traffic reports for staff and columnists with summaries, including analysis, recommendations and action steps;
- collaborate with social media team to promote content;
- edit and mentor reporters;
- recruit and edit columnists;
- write must-click headlines;
- manage editorial packages.
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- zeal for web analytics;
- experience in data-driven decision-making;
- exceptional talent for writing irresistible web headlines;
- excellent editing skills;
- superior news judgment;
- a strong voice
- a sense of fun;
- an intuitive grasp of what gets shared online;
- a dedication to web journalism;
- a facility with visual storytelling and video;
- at least three years as a business or financial journalist.
The job is based in Manhattan and reports to the Executive Editor of Inc.com.
To apply, go here.