IBTimes seeks a business editor
The Business Editor will be responsible for setting the business news agenda for IBTimes.
As the lead business writer for the newsroom, as well as commissioning and editing content, you will be in an exciting but demanding position where you will work to provide high quality content and help grow the site’s business audience.The successful candidate will have extensive experience of business journalism.
Prior experience of breaking exclusive stories is essential. Over your career you will have developed the ability to write across a broad range of business sectors and developed a strong network of contacts.
- Working with the senior editors in setting the business news agenda for the newsroom
- Writing high quality business content for publication
- Developing the business news team and its output
- Liaising with the breaking news team and features team for story coverage and development
- Utilising your existing network to bring in exclusive stories
- Undertaking longer term investigative journalism projects
- Using analytics tools to figure out what works (and what doesn’t)
- Promoting your stories on social media to build engagement with our audience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Extensive knowledge and experience of business journalism
- Strong digital experience in a busy writing/editorial role for a respected organisation
- An extensive network of contacts for content generation
- Good understanding of digital-headline writing and social media strategy
- Evidence of solid news judgement alongside a passion for accuracy and grammar
- Enthusiastic and outgoing individual who can demonstrate the ability to represent the brand with confidence
- Ambition to break exclusive stories
- Video and audio production
- Experience working with commercial teams to improve commercial offerings
- Experience writing comment and analysis on business news
To apply, go here.