GrepBeat seeks a tech reporter in Raleigh-Durham area
GrepBeat is a new media property covering the tech startup community in Raleigh-Durham. We are seeking a full-time technology reporter to serve as its editorial lead. The purpose is to tell the stories of the small but mighty startups and their entrepreneurs in an engaging and colorful way — think of it as a mix of Google News and TechCrunch with a splash of BuzzFeed thrown in for kicks.
GrepBeat was borne out of Colopy Ventures, a tech startup investor and builder based in Downtown Durham. Colopy Ventures is led by Joe Colopy, a seasoned entrepreneur who founded and grew Durham-based Bronto Software worldwide before becoming part of Oracle.
Here’s what you would do:
- Write and edit a thrice-weekly email newsletter aimed at telling stories about local entrepreneurs and their startups. Contribute original content to website as well as manage social channels.
- Manage editorial content from freelancers, guest, and intern contributors.
- Grow audience and readership of the newsletter and website.
The ideal candidate:
- Identifies, develops and writes stories with a compelling voice.
- Is entrepreneurial and self-motivated in building a new media property.
- Has a proven interest in the culture and news of tech startups.
- Communicates and connects well with people, who can provide insights and perspectives on stories.
- This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits. It is based out of our Downtown Durham office.
- GrepBeat is new so it’ll be fast-moving, exciting and challenging, like all great quests.
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a note on why you are the ideal candidate as well as your resume / LinkedIn profile. We are looking for the position to start in Summer 2018.