FT’s Ignites seeks retail funds reporter
Ignites, an online daily from the Financial Times, is looking for a reporter to join its team covering the retail fund industry.
We are the premier publication covering the mutual fund, ETF and 401(k) marketplaces, and a go-to source for industry decision-makers.
What We Offer:
The reporter will join a team of seasoned journalists in ferreting out scoops and creating must-have contentor executives working in the ever-changing asset-management industry.
The ideal candidate will relish working a beat, developing a network of sources, deriving narratives from regulatory filings and breaking news. We welcome creative ideas for presenting information to our readers across print, graphic and video platforms. Applicants should be flexible and comfortable working as part of a team.
The successful candidates will join an established, successful and profitable Financial Times publication with more than 95,000 paying readers.
We seek a reporter to cover so-called liquid alternative investments and sub-advisory, including distribution and marketing of those products. This is an often overlooked, but very significant portion of the $13 trillion mutual fund market, and one that is evolving quickly. This is an opportunity to become an industry-leading reporter in that space.
What You’ll Bring:
- A desire to join a team focused on keeping our publication’s market-leading position by contributing
- Fresh, original content relevant to our niche audience
- Experience developing a network of sources
- Interest in working across media platforms, such as print, video, visuals
- Strong critical thinking skills
- A love of digging through filings and data to uncover stories that resonate with readers
No prior financial journalism experience is required, but candidates who have a particular interest in the topics described are encouraged to identify that when applying.
To apply, go here.