Fortune seeks tech writer in San Francisco
Fortune is looking for a sharp, organized, and ambitious journalist to take on the role of technology writer in our San Francisco office.
- Have experience writing about the world’s most popular technology companies, from Apple and Airbnb to Tesla and Uber.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the financial deals and dealmakers—from venture capital to private equity—that fuel the trajectory of these companies.
- Show mastery of the short-form, time-sensitive news story to keep Fortune’s digital readers informed of the latest goings-on in the technology industry.
- Be savvy in determining when a story is worth a deeper, analytical look.
- Be unafraid to build, own, and unfailingly inform your audience.
- Experienced. You will have no less than two years’ experience as a reporter, writer, or editor with a focus on finance or technology. You know how to take a complicated subject and break it down into something that’s understandable and interesting to our reader.
- Engaged. Your work ethic is formidable. Your competitive streak is healthy. Your ability to win the morning is admirable. Your name is, to your readers, memorable.
- Digital. You’re familiar with the social web and how digital information is distributed today. You understand how to play on a distributed and digital editorial team. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and dive in without hesitation.
- Excited. Fortune aims to be a vibrant destination for tech coverage. You’re ready to embody and evangelize that mission.
To apply, go here.