Fortune seeks associate editor for audience engagement
FORTUNE, which boasts massive franchises like the FORTUNE 500, Most Powerful Women and World’s Greatest Leaders, is seeking an Associate Audience Engagement Editor to help oversee its social media presence, SEO strategy, newsletter production and audience growth.
The Editor will collaborate with writers and editors on everything from daily news to lists. Daily responsibilities will include packaging posts for social channels, using data analytics to develop new strategies and engaging the newsroom in best audience strategy practices. We expect candidates to be able to lead conversations around audience strategy and digital growth.
The ideal candidate will have a journalism background and at least one year of professional experience in online journalism, preferably with branded social media accounts. S/he should be aware of digital media trends, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, comfortable working collaboratively and eager to learn.
- Manage and post to FORTUNE’s social media accounts
- Assist news editors in assigning stories and writing headlines for FORTUNE’s audience on social media
- Follow breaking news and collaborate with news editors to promote stories
- Develop FORTUNE’s voice and posting strategy based on short- and long-term data analysis and editorial goals
- Train writers and editors on social media and SEO best practices
- Grow FORTUNE’s newsletter audience through editorial best practices and subscriber campaigns
- Work with FORTUNE’s art and photo departments to choose imagery that drives interest
- Identify emerging trends, networks and ideas in the social media world
- Proven: Able to demonstrate strong news judgement; experience in growing a digital audience
- Flexible: Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Experienced: Understanding of social media and SEO best practices. Familiar with optimizing newsletters and growing subscriptions
- Creative: A master of writing catchy copy with meticulous attention to detail. Able to find new and interesting stories
- Technical: Proficient with content management systems, Parse.ly and or Chartbeat, and experience working with Google Analytics, HTML and Photoshop.
To apply, go here.