Fortune seeks associate audience engagement editor
Fortune is seeking an Associate Audience Engagement Editor to help oversee its social media presence, SEO strategy, and content distribution partnerships. This role is responsible for growing and engaging Fortune’s digital audience.
The editor will collaborate with writers and editors on various editorial efforts, from daily news briefs to event coverage to rollouts of franchises such as the Fortune 500. Daily responsibilities include packaging posts for social channels, using data analytics to develop new strategies, and engaging the editorial staff in best practices for audience strategy. Candidates for this position should be able to lead conversations around audience strategy and digital growth.
The ideal candidate will have a background in digital content, publishing, and/or journalism and have at least one year of professional experience, preferably with branded social media accounts. S/he should be aware of digital media trends, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, comfortable working collaboratively, and eager to learn.
- Identify emerging trends, networks and ideas in the social media world
- Manage and post to Fortune’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts
- Explore new strategies for Reddit, LinkedIn, Flipboard, and other platforms
- Assist editors in assigning stories and writing headlines for Fortune’s audience on social media
- Follow breaking news and collaborate with news editors to promote stories
- Develop Fortune’s voice and posting strategy based on short- and long-term data analysis and editorial goals
- Grow Fortune’s newsletter audience through editorial best practices and subscriber campaigns
- Develop social media strategy for Fortune’s biggest franchises and projects
- Work with Fortune’s photo department to choose imagery that drives interest
- An interest in developing platforms and new trends in social media
- Understanding of social media and SEO best practices
- Strong news judgment
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent understanding of how to grow a digital audience
- Mastery of writing catchy copy with meticulous attention to detail
- Familiarity with optimizing newsletters and growing subscriptions
- Proficiency with content management systems, HTML, and Adobe Photoshop
To apply, go here.